Welcome to the WoodyFest community!
This space is for preserving and promoting the legacy and music of Woodrow Wilson Guthrie through the Woody Guthrie Folk Festival as well as year-round cultural, musical, educational, and scholarly community outreach events that relate to Woody Guthrie and folk music.
The goals of this community are to allow for a safe space for discussion around the festival, including but not limited to festival announcements, lodging options, ride-sharing, & more. We also encourage you to share memories, photos, songs, & any other information pertaining to Woody Guthrie & the Woody Guthrie Folk Festival!
To meet the collective goals of our community, it’s important that all members feel safe and supported. To help everyone have the best possible experience, please take a look at our community guidelines:
- Introduce Yourself!
- Let us know who you are, where you’re traveling from, how many festivals you’ve attended, and what your favorite set has been.
- Be Kind & Respectful
- The world is a better place when we treat each other with empathy & kindness. Let’s work together to create an environment where everyone feels safe & supported.
- Stay on Topic
- Feel free to post questions and start discussions on any topics relating to WoodyFest, Woody Guthrie, & folk music (in all of its glorious forms)!
- Be Cool
- Respect the privacy of other community members. This is non-negotiable. Never share personal or private information.
- Be a Good Listener
- Honor differences in context, culture, & voice
- Respect the Art
- If you share a photo, tag or include photographer attributions. If you share a song, let us know who recorded it &/or who’s performing. If you share a poem or short story, share the author. Respect the source, respect the art.
- Contact us directly with feedback.
- Have an awesome idea? Think something could be done better? Let us know – kindly!
- Hate Has No Place Here
- Everyone has the right to feel safe. Bullying & hateful language or comments about race, gender, religion, culture, gender, identity, & sexual orientation will not be tolerated. Personal attacks, trolling, & abuse will not be tolerated.
- No spam.
- This is easy. Just don’t do it.
- In the event of someone violating these guidelines, we will take action to protect other members of the group. This might include a warning or in the event of extreme or repeat behavior, the member may be banned from the community.
If you experience or witness any behavior that doesn’t follow our community guidelines, please contact us directly at mg******@wo*******.com. All reports will be kept confidential.