In the spirit of wonder and discovery, simplicity and charm, Woody Guthrie’s emphasis on children’s music gives the impression that he truly understood the mind of a child. Join several songwriters as they invite families and children to participate in lively, interactive music showcases, meant to inspire and entertain!
2023 Children’s Festival
This year’s Children’s Festival will take place on Saturday, July 15th from 11am to 4m Okemah City Park. Everything is 100% free!
We will be giving away 200 ukuleles, harmonicas, ukulele songbooks, ukulele tuners, and t-shirts. We will also be hosting FREE music lessons so the kids can learn to play their instruments. We’ll have hot dogs, snow cones, cotton candy, rock painting, face painting, airbrush tattoos, glitter tattoos, putt-putt golf, jewelry making, balloon animals, tie-dye shirt making, spin art, sand art, a sidewalk chalking contest, a cornhole tournament, and a hula hoop contest for adults and kids!!!
We are also very excited about this year’s Children’s Stage featuring the Red Dirt Rangers, AND approximately 10 kids performing on the Children’s Stage this year!
Children’s Music Festival Songwriting Contest
Competition Rules & More Info:
- Must be 17 years or younger
- Song must be an original song written by the participant & should embody the spirit of Woody Guthrie
- Entrants must submit a video performance of the song online by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by 6/1/23
- First place winner will receive $500 cash prize and the opportunity to perform at the Children’s Festival
- Songs will be judged on melody, rhythm, & relevance
- Please contact email@example.com for questions & more information!